Ohioans who experience an on-the-job injury are eligible to receive benefits from the Bureau of Worker's Compensation (BWC). This is a no-fault system, so it doesn't matter who's fault the injury is.
Injured workers in Ohio have the right to expect the following:
- Speedy access to a BWC-certified health care provider fo his or her choosing.
- Have approved, injury-related medical bills paid by BWC.
- Receive workers compensation monetary benefits for job-related injuries or occupational diseases.
- Easy access to your medical records (online).
- Timely appeal decisions made by BWC, MCO*, or the Industrial Commission.
- Hire an attorney to represent you at every step of your claim, particularly at hearings.
- Acquire prompt payments for authorized conditions.
*The Managed Care Organization through BWC represents your employer only and manages the medical components of worker compensation claims.